Shambhala Day 2017
What is life without CELEBRATIONS? Please come and celebrate Shambhala Day on Sunday March 5th. Shambhala Day is the pinnacle of holidays in the Shambhala tradition, marking the Tibetan New Year. This holiday is a time for great festivities throughout our Shambhala community. Think of it as a fresh start, which would be most welcome after the turbulence we’ve been experiencing in the world recently!
The schedule will be approximately as follows:
- 9:00-10:15 Group practice of the Shambhala Sadhana, a special practice written by the Sakyong to strengthen our awareness and direct experience of Basic Goodness
- 10:30-11:15 “State of the Center” address; an update on our Center, Welcoming of new Members, Officials, and the taking of Oaths, etc.
- 11:15-11:30 I Ching consultation, an augury for our Center for the upcoming year
- 11:30-12:00 Video of the Sakyong’s Shambhala Day address
- 12:00-2:00 Festive Lunch and socializing
And somewhere in the midst of all that, we are expecting some kind of surprise from the children!
Note: The Shambhala Sadhana practice is open to everyone on Shambhala Day, and is very much encouraged as a way to strengthen our recognition of basic goodness and our intentions to create enlightened society.
We are not planning to spend much of any time on fundraising during our celebration. Instead, it would be wonderful if people could contemplate what Shambhala gives to and means to us, and to make a heartfelt offering to our Sakyong and his entire mission by clicking on the following link in advance of our gathering.